Healthy Summertime Eating -- Part 1
With an abundance of the best of what nature has to offer, summertime is the right time pay attention to your healthy lifestyle.
1. Pay attention to the skinny on fats
The type of fat you consume has an enormous impact on the structure, function, and health of your brain.
- Get in optimal amounts of omega-3 fats by consuming three or more servings of oily fish (like wild salmon) per week
- Consume the monounsaturated fats as your primary fats – extra virgin olive oil, raw nuts, and avocados
- Strictly avoid all trans fats. Look for ingredients containing “partially hydrogenated” and avoid them like the plague
- Minimize the unhealthy saturated fats like grain-fed red meat, non-organic dairy products and grain-fed butter. Choose organic grass-fed dairy products and grass-fed meat. Grass-fed products are loaded with CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) which boosts your immune system and slices fat right off your body which tends to make people smile!