2016 is proving to advantageous for sellers! With such a high demand and sales strong, what are buyers curious about when they view your home. There are some pieces of information that a seller can provide for buyers. The information you give can make your home more appealing. Simple information provided is always a bonus.
A home buyer wants to the specifics of the homes they are considering purchasing. It may appear as information overload but it could ultimately be a determining factor in their decision to make an offer.
This information may include:
- When was the home last renovated?
- How old is the roof?
- What structures or fixtures are included in the list price? (Appliances, ceiling fans, lighting, shed, swing set, window treatments, etc.)
- What are the home’s annual costs? (Electric, municipal water, gas, oil, lawn care, pool maintenance, etc.)
- Has the home required asbestos, lead or mold removal? Has the home been tested for radon?
- How is the home heated and/or cooled? How old is the heating and/or cooling system? How old is the hot water heater?
- How old is the wiring? Is it up to code?
- Is there a septic system?
- Are there any outstanding permits or liens on the property?
- Is there an Homeowners Association or is it a PUD? What is the move-in fee? What amenities or services are provided by the HOA?
Many of the answers to these questions you will share with your Realtor during the listing process and all have to be disclosed. Providing these answers up front not only meets prospective buyers on their terms. It could lead to an offer much sooner. Work with your Realtor to compile this information as comprehensively as possible. It will be appreciated!